Ends on 7/21/2019
EMBRACE THE CHAOS! - Literature Hits The Streets when Lit Crawl L. A. returns as a proud Community Partner of CicLAvia-Heart of LA presented by Metro Celebrating UCLA100 on October 6, 2019!
The 6th Annual Lit Crawl L.A. returns Sunday, October 6, 2019 as a Community Partner of CicLAvia-Heart of LA Celebrating UCLA100. Lit Crawl L.A. will host hubs along the route with innovative presentations featuring literary samplings from the best that Greater Los Angeles has to offer. Lit Crawl L.A. is the Southland's second largest literary festival and a free-to-the-public. 2019 promises to be a magical, vibrant Sunday of literate walking and biking for all!
Lit Crawl L.A. only accepts submissions from literary organizations, writing groups, reading series and publications.
- Are your writers free on Sunday, October 6, 2019 between 9:00 am - 4:00 pm?
- Is your organization local or in some way connected to the Greater Los Angeles area?
- Can your organization curate at least four writers/literary performers who will engage a live, rowdy audience of literary lovers?
- Is your organization and the writers in your presentation ready to jump into a fun, loud, guerrilla-style street event?
- Does your organization represent the diverse and vibrant energy of the Los Angeles literary scene?
- If you've presented at Lit Crawl L.A. in years 1-5, can your organization present something fresh and different for 2019?
- Lit Crawl L.A. presenter slots are limited to 45 minutes.
- Lit Crawl L.A. presentations are on the short side (6-8 minutes per author).
- Lit Crawl L.A. is unable to feature individual writers, book sales and/or signings.
- All writers' photos will be posted in our online schedule.
- Presenting organizations must promote Lit Crawl L.A. and CicLAvia-Heart of LA Celebrating UCLA100 to their mailing list and social media groups, with clear identification of Lit Crawl L.A. as the event.
- All submissions will receive an automatic reply, as well as another response in early August.
Thanks again for letting us know about your organization and its literary efforts!